Duration: Saturday, Sept. 28th - Saturday, Dec. 14th, 2019
Location: Socceroof (14b 53rd St 3rd floor, Brooklyn, NY 11232)
We are on a mission to use THE BEAUTIFUL GAME as a positive platform to celebrate diversity, inclusion, teamwork, and good health. Join the movement and become of the 5v5 SOCIAL SOCCER LEAGUE at Socceroof (Brooklyn) while making a big assist to communities who lack access to clean and safe drinking water.
Registration includes guaranteed minimum of 5 games, a Welcome Player Kit, a Clean Water Impact Tee, complimentary snacks, refreshments and exclusive fun prizes from our supporting sponsors.
Registration is available on a first come-first served basis, but Epiqueline reserves the right to confirm all team registrations. Registration fees are non-refundable.
Made Possible By:
25% of proceeds will benefit charity: water. Money raised will help fund a new well and build a sustainable water project for a community in need of clean water.
LEAGUE GAME SCHEDULE
||Saturday, Sept. 28th at 1PM
||Saturday, Oct. 12th at 1PM
||Saturday, Oct. 26th at 1PM
||Saturday, Nov. 9th at 1PM
||Saturday, Nov. 23rd at 1PM
|Week Six (Playoff)
||Saturday, Dec. 7th at 1PM
|Week Seven (Final)
||Saturday, Dec. 14th at 1PM
A full team schedule will be released at www.epiqueline.com prior to the beginning of the league and an email will be sent for further notifications.
PRIZES AND AWARDS
League Winner - All players from the winning team will receive an Epique League Winner Medal, discounted participation for next year's league, and other amazing gifts!
League Top Scorer - Player with the most goal among all 4 Leagues will receive a special gift from Eataly NYC.
LEAGUE RULES AND GUIDELINES
Roster and Eligibility
Each team must have a minimum of five (5) players and can have up to ten (10) players registered. Full team roster (full name/DOB/email address) must be submitted by the captain to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sept. 16th, 2019. If a new player is added to the roster during the start of the season, team will be charged $150 per player.
All players must be 18 years old or older and must sign a liability release waiver prior to any form of participation in any Epique League matches.
All games will be played in accordance with the Laws of the Game issued by the USSF and is available for viewing at http://www.ussoccer.com/Referees/Laws-of-the-Game.aspx. All rules apply with a few exceptions:
- Two 20 minute halves per game
- A team will field 5 players (4 and 1 goalie)
- Unlimited number of substitutions are allowed and can be made per referee's consent
- If the ball touches the ceiling nets, it's an indirect free kick
- If the ball hits the net behind the goal, it's either a goal kick or a corner
- If the ball touches the side nets, the ball will restart from the sideline
- No slide-tackling
- No direct shooting from kick off (at least one pass mandatory)
- Goalie cannot pick up the ball with his hands if passed back from a teammate
- Goalie is allowed to throw the ball passed the half way line, but cannot punt or drop kick at any time
One yellow card: player will have to sit out for 2 minutes and no one can replace the player for 2 minutes
- One red card or two yellow cards: player will be suspended for the rest of the match and the following match.
League points will be appointed as follows:
Win = 3 points
Draw = 1 point
Loss = 0 points
In the event of a tie, the following tie breakers will be used:
- League goal differential
- League total goals scored
- League Points in head to head competition in games between tied teams
- Goal differential in head to head competition in games between tied teams
- Goals Scored in head to head competition in games between tied teams
Top four (4) teams will play a playoff game and final.
Uniforms and Equipment
- All field players must wear their League Impact Tee to avoid penalty.
- All players must wear shin guards
- All players must wear soccer appropriate footwear to play. No metal or steel cleats or spikes are allowed.
- A Senda Volar Match Soccer Ball will be provided for game play. Teams should bring their own balls for warm up.
Failure to Show and Forfeits
There will be no grace time allowed for teams not at the field of play at the scheduled time of kick-off. The opponent shall be awarded a 1-0 win for the match.
We highly recommend teams to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your scheduled game.
Players and spectators are expected to conduct themselves within the spirit and laws of the game. Players or spectators ejected from a game by the referee will be required to leave the field area. Severe misconduct that is abusive, harassing, insulting, or offensive will result in disqualification from the remainder of the league.