League Rules and Guidelines (5v5 Indoor Soccer)
Roster and Eligibility
Each team must have a minimum of five (5) players and can have up to ten (10) players registered. Full team roster must be submitted by the team captain to email@example.com 48 hours before the start of the league. If any additional players are added to the roster during the start of the season, team will be charged $150 per player. Free Agent teams will be announced 48 hours before the start of the league
All players must be 18 years old or older and must sign a liability release waiver prior to any form of participation in any Epique Soccer League matches.
All games will be played in accordance with the Laws of the Game issued by the USSF and is available for viewing at http://www.ussoccer.com/Referees/Laws-of-the-Game.aspx. All rules apply with a few exceptions:
- Two 20 minute halves per game
- Four (4) players + one (1) goalie must be on the field per team
- A minimum of one (1) female is required on the field at all times
- Unlimited number of substitutions are allowed and can be made per referee's consent
- If the ball touches the ceiling nets, it's an indirect free kick
- If the ball hits the net behind the goal, it's either a goal kick or a corner
- If the ball touches the side nets, the ball will restart from the sideline
- No slide-tackling
- No direct shooting from kick off (at least one pass mandatory)
- Goalie cannot pick up the ball with his hands if passed back from a teammate
- Goalie is allowed to throw the ball passed the half way line, but cannot punt or drop kick at any time
- One yellow card: player will have to sit out for 2 minutes and no one can replace the player for 2 minutes
- One red card or two yellow cards from : player will be suspended for the rest of the match and the following match.
League points will be appointed as follows:
Win = 3 points
Draw = 1 point
Loss = 0 points
In the event of a tie, the following tie breakers will be used:
- League goal differential
- League total goals scored
- League Points in head to head competition in games between tied teams
- Goal differential in head to head competition in games between tied teams
- Goals Scored in head to head competition in games between tied teams
The top four (4) teams will play a playoff game and final.
Uniforms and Equipment
- All field players must wear their League Impact Tee to avoid penalty.
- All players must wear shin guards
- All players must wear soccer appropriate footwear to play. No metal or steel cleats or spikes are allowed.
- Size 5 Soccer Ball will be provided for game play.
Failure to Show and Forfeits
There will be no grace time allowed for teams not at the field of play at the scheduled time of kick-off. The opponent shall be awarded a 7-0 win for the match.
We highly recommend teams to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your scheduled game.
Players and spectators are expected to conduct themselves within the spirit and laws of the game. Players or spectators ejected from a game by the referee will be required to leave the field area. Severe misconduct that is abusive, harassing, insulting, or offensive will result in disqualification from the remainder of the league.